This Canada Day on Thursday July 1, the City of Cranbrook encourages everyone to “Celebrate in your Backyard”!
With COVID-19 still impacting public gatherings, the pandemic continues to place exceptional challenges in organizing community crowds. As a result, typical Canada Day activities and festivities are unable to be organized successfully.
Instead, this July, the City of Cranbrook encourages families to celebrate together and/or with friends following the current B.C. Provincial Health Office guidelines.
There are lots of great ways to celebrate Canada Day:
- With a Canada Day theme, use chalk to decorate your sidewalk.
- Use banners and flags to festoon your home or business with Canadian colours.
- Create a Canadian-themed backyard picnic. Use Canadian Bacon, Maple Syrup, Bannock, Tourtière, Nanaimo Bars, Butter Tarts, Poutine, Salmon, and even a Caesar – are all Canadian options!
- Go play lacrosse in the local park, or a game of street hockey on your driveway.
- Have a dance party on your driveway! Dance to such Canadian artists as Drake, Bryan Adams, Shania Twain, Justin Bieber, A Tribe Called Red, or The Weeknd!
The City of Cranbrook wishes everyone a joyful Canada Day 2021, and looks forward to the promises of Canada Day 2022!