In the heart of the East Kootenay lies Western Financial Place, a multi-purpose recreational facility highlighted by a 4268 stadium seating NHL size arena and an aquatics centre. Western Financial Place is home to a broad range of concerts, shows and special events.
Our multi-purpose facility services include:
- NHL sized rink (200’ x 85’) with 4268 Arena seating capacity
- Indoor Aquatic Facility
- 8 lane 25m lap Pool with diving board
- Entry Level Wave/Leisure Pool with water features
- Water Slide
- Hot Tub, Steam and Sauna Rooms
- Box office and ticket sales for hockey games, special events, concerts and shows held at Western Financial Place
- Meeting room space available for rent or lease
- Catered restaurant with a capacity to host up to 145 people
- Squash court with moveable wall converting into a racquetball or wallyball court
- Indoor walking in the concourse area around the perimeter of the arena
- Senior’s Fitness Park (outdoor training circuit)
As the premiere entertainment centre in the East and West Kootenay, we strive to attract world class events to our region. Western Financial Place has hosted many events such as: Tragically Hip, ZZ Top, Riverdance, Randy Travis, Alice Cooper, Larry the Cable Guy, Johnny Reid, Dwight Yoakam and Bob Dylan.
At Western Financial Place our tenants include: The Cranbrook Bucks, Kootenay Life Cycle (Spin Studio) and Shivers Sugar Factory to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The Administration office for the City of Cranbrook Recreation and Culture Department is also located within Western Financial Place. For a full listing of our facility and staff, please click here.
1777 2nd Street North
PHONE: (250) 489-0267
7 Days a Week
Excluding Stat Holidays
ADMINISTRATION OFFICE HOURS
Monday to Friday